Here we have pictures of some Catalpa Worms. While working on a rental house, cutting down tree limbs, Jeff and Daniel discovered LOTS of these worms on a tree. After telling a friend about them and doing some online research, we discovered that they are Catalpa Worms, and that they devour the leaves of the Catalpa tree in the Fall. Jeff's friend also told Jeff that they are coveted by fishers for bait. So after church one Sunday, we swung by the rental house, where Jeff proceeded to catch I'm guessing about 50 of these worms for his friend.
I think this one here has a bunch of eggs on it.
I think this one here has a bunch of eggs on it.
Ha ha, got another one!
Ready to pounce on one!
Worms - ewww!
Here is a closer up picture that I found online of some Catalpa worms.


No comments:
Post a Comment