On the second day of our honeymoon we headed out to hike at Corona and Bow Tie Arches
The road on the drive out there is right beside these rock faces. I was surprised to see people pull over onto the shoulder, get out climbing gear, and go right up! Here is one such crazy climber.
The road on the drive out there is right beside these rock faces. I was surprised to see people pull over onto the shoulder, get out climbing gear, and go right up! Here is one such crazy climber.
Jeff :-)
Here we are part way through our hike (more like rock climb!) up to Corona and Bow Tie
At this point, I thought we were going to that little cave looking thing behind Jeff, and was excited that we were getting close - boy was I wrong! And here is my handsome husband and his muscles ;-P
Time for a break, wondering where we are going, and why the "trail" has been so difficult to find/follow from the start.
Cheese!
I had never seen Cacti blooms
We finally made it to the arches, and it was definitely worth the hike up there! Close to the top we found the real trail, clearly marked with cairns. Corona Arch is behind us.
Bow Tie Arch
Kibbie loves Jeff!
I thought it was funny that they had this ladder fixed up to help the hikers at a difficult spot near the top, but at the beginning of the hike there were spots much more difficult with no offered assistance.
As we followed the cairns back down the trail, we soon discovered something we found to be slightly humorous ... we had left the parking lot going the wrong direction, weren't on a trail at all for most of our hike up, and made a fairly easy hike a rather long and difficult adventure! Not sure how we missed this sign, but we most definitely headed out to the left, instead of the RIGHT!
Fixing dinner after our adventure - mmm mmm!
Jeff grilling steak and chicken - it was delicious!


No comments:
Post a Comment