March 22, 2010

Recent Reads

Jeff and I have been trying to spend time together each day reading. There are sooooo many books that we would like to read - made it difficult to decide where to start. We recently received some books at the parent/baby dedication class we attended at our church, so we decided to start with those.

They are not very thick books and made for quick reads - but they were very good and we would highly recommend them to anyone who has kids, plans to have kids, works with kids, or is just around kids.


The Duties of Parents by J.C. Ryle
I JUST discovered you can read this online here . Which you should definitely do - especially since it is free!


Rediscovering the Lost Treasure of Family Worship by Jerry Marcellino
You can buy this one for only $2.99 here


Your Child's Profession of Faith by Dennis Gundersen
Looks like you can get it for $3.98 here

This next book was a baby shower gift from a very Godly and wise friend. I began reading it before Jonathan was born, but didn't make it all the way through it before his arrival. This is the book Jeff and I are currently reading, and we are learning a lot!
"Don't Make Me Count to Three!" by Ginger Plowman
You can get this one for $3.34 here , and I think you might even be able to get free shipping.

Not sure what is next on the list when we finish this one, we might veer away from the parenting/child raising books for awhile since Jonathan is only 5 months :-)


No comments: